Beth Cavenaugh, Hospice Nurse & Author
All Home Care Matters is honored and privileged to welcome Author and Hospice Nurse, Beth Cavenaugh R.N. to the show for a discussion on hospice and her book Some Light at the End now in its 4th edition.
A terminal diagnosis can be scary and the options can feel so limited. Knowing what to expect and what to ask will help you ease into the end of your life with a plan. Find peace and beauty in the next steps so you can make informed choices about everything: your caregivers, your relationships, your treatment, and even your breakfast—ice cream sundae, please!
In this tender yet transparent guide to your final days, experienced hospice nurse Beth Cavenaugh reveals what options you may have as a patient with a terminal diagnosis. With personal stories and a touch of humor, Some Light at the End will help you find support to understand this process, be better informed, and anticipate the unknown.
• Questions to consider when researching hospice care to advocate for your health and maximize your quality of life.
• How to assemble and manage a trusted personal care team that wants you to be your happiest and most comfortable.
• Strategies to handle practicalities including preparing your affairs, managing palliative medicine, and dealing with common medical symptoms.
• Activities and meditations designed to encourage emotional care, connect to yourself and loved ones, and navigate anxiety and grief.
• After-death care ritual ideas for your caregiver to honor your passing and body with love while processing their loss.
Ease into the end of your life with a plan, knowing you will be taken care of and your wishes respected and what you need to know about hospice and end of life care by reading Some Light at the End for the empowerment you deserve in this final stage of your beautiful life.